Thursday, February 12, 2004

I watched Matt Lauer interview Sergei Ivanov, minister of defense, in Russia. The interview discussed things like U.S. presence around Russia and differences regarding the War in Iraq. With a sincere smile on his face, Ivanov said at the end of the interview, “We won’t get back to the situation of the Cold War. Never. I believe that.” Peace is a good thing.
Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.” Here are some things I believe I can assure you in regard to the peace Jesus wants you to have: God wants your home to be a home filled with peace. God wants you to have peace in your heart in concerning your relationship with him. God wants your relationships with your friends, extended family, church family, and neighbors to be characterized by peace that comes though Jesus himself.
Even if you’ve been in a cold war for years, you can get to a point where you will say, “We won’t go back. Never. I believe that.” Peace is a good thing. God can help you find that peace. That’s Life at Work!

No comments: