Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Circumstances for Good

In his recent book, Prayer, Philip Yancey quotes author John Baille about using the circumstances of life for good instead of evil.  “Teach me, O God, so to use all the circumstances of my life today that they may bring forth in me the fruits of holiness rather than the fruits of sin.”  Specifically he prayed:

Let me use disappointment as material for patience.
Let me use success as material for thankfulness.
Le me use trouble as material for perseverance.
Let me use danger as material for courage.
Let me use reproach as material for long suffering.
Let me use praise as material for humility.
Let me use pleasures as material for temperance.
Let me use pain as material for endurance.

What have the recent circumstances of your life been turned to by you?  More importantly, what are you going to make out of the circumstances of your life today and tomorrow, assuming tomorrow comes?  Use everything today as material for good.  You won’t be working alone; God is leading the way.  That’s Life at Work!

No comments: