Thursday, July 19, 2007

Casting Crowns: LifeSong

Empty hands held high,
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight.
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You!
Let my lifesong sing to You,
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You.
Lord I give my life,
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need,
To be Your hands and feet.
So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You


My life is a song that I sing to God. My song includes my words, but it is not the sum of my words. If my words are not a reflection of my life, my song of words is vain. If I sing “Take my life and let it be,” yet my day is all about me and not about God, my song of words is meaningless. If my song of words is “If I have wounded any soul today,” yet I am unapologetic and cold, I song is useless. If I sing with my mouth, “I love thy kingdom, Lord,” while I harshly judge my fellow disciples, my song does not bring a smile to God.

The writer to the Hebrews wrote, “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased (Heb 13:15-16).

We can bring a smile to the face of God! Does that interest you? We can please him. Is that the desire of your heart? Then sing songs and live a life that proves that what you sing is a true expression of your heart.

No comments: