Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blessed be Your Name

It had to be hard for Job to praise the name of the Lord after learning that his property had been destroyed, his animals had been killed or stolen, and his servants and children had been murdered.  If his words are read as though they are passionless, he may sound delusional when we read:  

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."  
(Job 1:21; NIV)

Whether living in a time of abundance or a time of disaster, we have to remind ourselves that the name of the Lord is worthy of praise – always.  God is not more or less deserving of praise because of the circumstances of my life.  In abundance I will honor God, and when in loss, I will still honor him in my tears!    After all, he is still God.  That’s Life at Work!

1 comment:

Home Elevators Fairfield said...

Thank you for tthis