Monday, May 05, 2008

This Is Huge – Fatigue and Hurts

As I asked in my informal survey for information about the huge struggles that we have in our various life settings, women told me about hurts and fatigue; and how they create a suction on their energy – including their spiritual energy. Furthermore, though they seek for it, there seems to be no end, no relief, and no rest.

As I looked for more information I came across some writing of Denise George, author of What Women Wish their Pastors Knew. In her own survey, she discovered that women wish that they could receive more help from the church, including the pulpit, in regard to these huge concerns:

1. Women are tired.

2. Women are hurting.

3. Women want to grow spiritually

4. Women want to raise godly children.

5. Women often feel like "second-class citizens" in church.

Being tired and hurt play a critical role in the other three concerns that George lists in this Christianity Today article. Fatigue and pain impact humans in many negative ways.

How can women who feel wiped out emotionally and spiritually reclaim the fire? I'm not talking about doing more! I'm talking about being spiritually revived! We know Jesus is the source. He said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matt 11:28-30). Peter affirmed the help of God when he wrote, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).

What does coming to Jesus look like? How do I cast my anxiety on him? This is Huge!

Do you agree with George? What would you add to the list?

No comments: